Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Translating DD#2's language

DD#2 has really begun to take off with her talking. I am really enjoying that she can speak to me in sentences. Things are still a little bit confusing, but with my translations right behind her speaking, most people can understand her. I am having to translate less and less though, because everyone says they are understanding her more and more.
Last night, we went to a nephew's birthday party. It was a swimming party and we had the entire pool to ourselves. It was so much fun. The only thing was in order to reserve the pool it had to be from 9 PM - 11 PM. So needless to say, I am awaiting the dreaded tantrums from lack of sleep.
Anyway, on the way home, DD#2 was asking for something. For the life of me, I couldn't understand her. She would say her word, and I would repeat what I thought it was that she wanted. She would then reply, "No". This went on for about 4 other times. She then gave up knowing that I was not going to understand.
This morning she came into me and said, "I want walka". I looked at her puzzled and said, "walka?" She looked at me with this "oh, here we go again." look and said "yes". So if any of you know what walka is. Please let me know, because she is still waiting for it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am in the same boat with Josh. I cannot for the life of me figure out some of the things he is trying to say. I get the very same look. Oh well, we do the best we can.

Marie Holmes said...

Sorry, no help here. I just have learned to smile and nod, but that doesn't always work!