Friday, June 6, 2008

One Month Old!!

DS is one month old today. Time really does go by quickly when you have your hands full with a newborn. DS has had his ups and downs this past month. At around 2 weeks, he became very fussy. We didn't know what it was, but for me it meant go off of sugar. I didn't think he was going to have the same things as my two girls had, but it seemed to calm him some. I enjoy snacking on nuts when I can't have sugar. So out came the nuts. And out came the monster from within his body. I quickly learned that he does not handle nuts too well. So, off of that. It took a good two weeks to understand what he needs. He is nursing a ton and wasn't getting what he needed. Luckily, I had pumped and froze bottles, so I started thawing a bottle out and he would fill up on another ounce after nursing on both sides. Wow!! He was hard to keep up with. He has finally settled down and we are enjoying him more and more. He has shown a few smiles. He showed his first to Aunt Stef. They have a special bond and I am glad she is getting this. Her children were lifesavers for me when we were going through our infertility. I could be okay with life because they loved me and treated me so special. So, I am glad to return the same things through DS.
Some of the things DS is doing at one month....cooing, smiling (very random), holding his head up, looking around and seeing better, eating a ton, pooping a ton and not sleeping near as much. Did I mention that he is eating and pooping a ton??

With DD#2, I began taking her monthly pictures in the same object every month. I took her pictures in the pink chair that DD#1 had received the Christmas before. I didn't think it would be nice to DS if I did the same for him. So, I had to come up with a new spot.

This is Grandpa C's beloved chair. I was lucky enough to get it to rock my sweet babies in. There were many nights that I would sit on the arm of this chair and get a "rock" from my dad. I thought it would be a great place to see his progress. We attemped to get him to sit up straight and look at the camera, but no such luck. This is the best we got.

Here he is "chillin" during the photo shoot.


We are still completely in love with this little guy. The girls are finally not acting out and seem to have adjusted to our new little addition. We love each one of them and feel so blessed to have them in our family.

2 comments:

Scott and Siobhan said...

I can't believe how time flies. Nathan's getting so big. I can't wait to see him. I have one question though. What is up with the DD DS?

Kris Tina said...

He looks fantastic! No sugar - no nuts - wow - sounds like he just wants milk/pizza to me.